How next-generation ERP systems will help tame complexity and drive operational excellence in the automotive industry.
To compete in today’s rapidly changing business environment, automotive manufacturers must launch innovative products quickly, have flexible production and supply chains, provide fast, collaborative responses to customers, and enhance supplier performance and collaboration.
Research shows that automotive manufacturers are experiencing increased complexity, yet often must rely on IT systems that were originally created to support business models of the past—while they still try to keep pace with today’s market. The need to rapidly make effective and holistic decisions, and implement necessary changes quickly, is leaving automotive manufacturers hard-pressed to support potential growth with product innovation and accelerate customer response.
You can support new, flexible business models and solve complexity with next-generation technology, using a well-balanced strategy of overcoming IT barriers and embracing new modern IT solutions that allow collaboration and flow of real-time information.
Find out how to successfully manage complexity and adopt new technology during this webcast, which focuses on the findings of a recent research study from IDC Manufacturing Insights and Infor.
Hear Pierfrancesco Manenti of IDC Manufacturing Insights EMEA and Wolfram Schmid, Infor’s director of industry and product marketing for automotive, discuss the reasons why automotive manufacturers believe achieving operational excellence is so important, how existing ERP systems are affecting their efforts, and how they can embrace new technologies to accelerate business change.
- How to address complexity in automotive manufacturing
- Why some automotive manufacturers believe that IT systems are the single most critical barrier to mastering complexity
- Why and how four new IT forces are shaping next-generation ERP systems
- How new ERP, based on modern IT innovation, improves access to and flow of real-time information across your organization, leading to better decision-making and collaboration
- How to balance growth with product innovation