View the Managing To Learn – The Roles of Lean Management and Lean Leadership Demo
IndustryWeek 2009 Best Plants Conference Keynote with John Shook, Senior Advisor of the Lean Enterprise Institute
Take the next step on your Lean journey by hearing new insights from John Shook, the first American manager at Toyota's operations in Japan. You'll hear why Lean leadership is the key in implementing Lean methodologies successfully. During this video, Shook explains how you can spread the Lean culture throughout your organization – and why you as a leader are responsible for Lean's success or failure.
- Why mastery of the tools of Lean production is necessary for leaders
- How the "right" leadership style supports Lean transformation
- Best practices and advice from the NUMMI collaboration
- What TPS really should stand for (and why)
- How to "Go See", "Ask Why", and "Show Respect"
- How the current state of the economy affects Lean